Our client is an established automotive manufacturer with a global presence, recognized for its range of vehicles catering to various market segments. It specializes in producing a diverse line of automobiles, including sedans, SUVs, trucks, and electric vehicles. Known for its commitment to innovation, the company has made significant strides in the automotive industry, incorporating advanced technology into its vehicles. With a focus on quality and competitive pricing, it has gained popularity both domestically and internationally. The company’s dedication to research and development, coupled with a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction, has contributed to its success in the automotive market.
This position involves working with both information technology (IT) systems and manufacturing processes to ensure smooth operations and optimize efficiency. The IT Manufacturing Specialist collaborates with cross-functional teams, including production, engineering, and IT departments, to implement and maintain IT solutions specific to manufacturing environments.
- Manufacturing Software Support: Provide technical support for manufacturing software applications such as computer-aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), manufacturing execution systems (MES), and enterprise resource planning systems on manufacturing such as SAP EWM, PP, MM and QM. Troubleshoot issues, perform software updates, and optimize system performance.
- Process Improvement: Identify opportunities for process optimization and automation within the manufacturing environment. Collaborate with production and engineering teams to streamline workflows, reduce downtime, and enhance overall operational efficiency.
- System Integration: Integrate different manufacturing systems and technologies to enable seamless data exchange and interoperability. Implement interfaces between manufacturing equipment, sensors, and software systems for real-time monitoring and control.
- Training and Documentation: Develop training materials and conduct training sessions to educate manufacturing personnel on the effective use of IT systems. Create and maintain technical documentation, including system configurations, user manuals, and troubleshooting guides.
- Security and Compliance: Ensure compliance with relevant industry regulations and standards, such as data privacy and cybersecurity requirements. Implement and maintain security measures to protect manufacturing systems and sensitive data from unauthorized access or breaches.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with external vendors and suppliers to evaluate and select appropriate IT solutions for manufacturing needs. Manage vendor relationships, including contract negotiations, service level agreements, and ongoing support.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and technologies, including CAD/CAM, MES, and ERP systems.
- Proficiency in network administration, server management, and database management.
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization tools.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Previous experience in IT support or system administration, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced english for writing, reading and communicating.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Understanding of cybersecurity principles and best practices.
If you’re passionate about your work and ready to contribute to the organization’s success, we invite you to apply and become part of this dynamic team.