We are looking for a Fleet Deputy Manager for an important leading company in the maritime sector, with years of experience in the market. The main objective will be to oversee the technical and economic activities of the vessels under external management, in order to contribute to the efficient operation of the vessels, with competitive operating costs and maintenance of asset value.
- Oversee the technical evaluation of vessel purchases and participate in the design of new vessel construction.
- Perform budgeting and operational cost control (Opex) of the vessels under external management.
- Control the maintenance, conservation and repair of the vessels under external management.
- Evaluate continuous improvements and develop new projects to improve the operational efficiency of the vessels.
- Conduct or coordinate technical visits and inspections on vessels and participate in dry-docking repairs and other special technical projects.
- Monitor the observations arising from the inspections carried out.
- Control and coordinate the evaluation and retention of crews (Senior Officers).
- Collaborate on H&M (Hull & Machinery) and P&I (Protection and Indemnity) insurance case management.
- Analyze and implement best practices for vessel management.
- Share knowledge with joint venture companies and with internal ship managers.
- Manage accounts payable activities.
- Education in Merchant Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Naval Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in the industry.
- Technical knowledge related to the maritime industry.
- Knowledge of administration.
- Shipboard and/or shipyard experience is desirable.
- Advanced English, both written and spoken (CEFR C1).
If you are looking for a challenging opportunity in a leading maritime company, where you can apply your technical and management knowledge to ensure efficient operation and value of fleet assets, this Deputy Fleet Manager position is right for you. Join us and become part of a team dedicated to achieving excellence in ship management.